Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. As GGC moves into a new era of providing excellent support across the country, we are seeking candidates who will embrace the opportunity to evolve this new way of work.
Are you a creative thinker excited by the prospect of supporting women catalysts for girls empowering girls? Are you an educator keen to build engaging learning programs that impact thousands of girls and women? Are you ready to invigorate and support thousands of adult volunteers? If yes, then we would love to hear from you!
Girl Guides of Canada is actively seeking a Field Training and Support Coordinator, BC.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Learning & Development and will coordinate this highly dynamic, complex and consultative local training program involving multiple stakeholders. The successful candidate will be an independent and creative thinker with a passion for girl-driven programming and stakeholder relations, is naturally diplomatic, a talented facilitator and possesses excellent online and in-person communication skills to ensure projects run smoothly and on-time.
The Field Training and Support Coordinator position will coordinate with volunteers and staff in British Columbia and national office staff to lead the regional delivery of GGC’s girl-driven volunteer training.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with national Program Delivery team and provincial volunteers to design, build and implement online and in-person training events and tools to support adult volunteers.
- Collaborate with provincial advisers, including for Training, Program and International, as well as the provincial Girl Engagement Coordinator(s).
- Build relationships and provide coaching to regional trainers, mentors, Guiders and other volunteers
- In collaboration with the national and local training support teams, coordinate all aspects for the successful roll-out of new training initiatives.
- Organize and help to host train-the-trainer events and other volunteer learning opportunities.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to host group consultations and trainings with volunteers and staff throughout the project, taking care to organize all logistics.
- Work as an integrated member of the national Program Delivery team, serving both organizational and local needs.
- Prepare progress updates on assigned initiatives for inclusion in regular reports to the National Board of Directors, Provincial Committees and others as required.
- Postsecondary degree in related field
- Proven experience in adult education and facilitation
- At least 5 years’ experience coordinating multiple stakeholder groups in different locations
- Experience in coaching and supporting peer mentors and trainers
- Hands-on experience with planning, coordinating and rolling out training remotely and on-site
- Self-driven with ability to work both independently and as part of a national team
- Excellent communication skills combined with strong listening and interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, with a fast-paced working style
- Adaptable, flexible and diplomatic with a high degree of comfort with change
- Flexible to travel as required
- Experience working with girls and young women
- Experience with e-learning and virtual classrooms
- French language skills/fluency (and any other language spoken in Canada)
- Experience with project management
- Experience working with a diverse population of volunteers within the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of/experience with Guiding.
Must be able to travel within the province
Does this sound like you? Then apply today.
Submit a cover letter and resume (as one file) with to:
Lisa Pereira – Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 1A3
This position will remain open until filled.
*Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.